8.07.2009

what we had for dinner last night


chicken taco soup :: easy slash tasty

this recipe can be made from all non-perishable 3 month supply items/cans.

how do i know this?

because i stole all the ingredients from my mom's 3 month supply.

2 cans chopped tomatoes
1 can navy beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans
2 cans yellow corn {i promise you can't taste the barf-canned-corn-taste}
1 chopped onion {unless you live with myron lee dunn}
1 can diced green chiles
1 packet ranch dressing
1 packet taco seasoning
1 can shredded chicken

heat up in a big pot.
the end.


*we had it with marie calendar's just-add-water cornbread
also shoplifted from c-hop's food storage.

this recipe:
definitely not gourmet by any means;
but
enjoyable nonetheless.

plus, it takes like 5 minutes.
4 of which are spent at the can opener.

***

holly,
you can thank me later for making taco soup
while you were out of town.
{i know it's not your favorite.}


9 comments:

Stephanie said...

oh, ang . . . we make this all the time while drew's out of town, too.
{so that's a LOT lately!}
it's not his favorite, either.
what is wrong with people?

rachel said...

it sounds even better than my recipe! :)

Jennifer said...

Congrats on the recipe! As always, love the cute commentary!

runningfan said...

Only Angie can make me laugh out loud THREE times when posting a recipe online.

Thanks for that -- when I really needed it!

Carlie said...

that looks so freaking yummy. I wish I could make it. My husband hates soups(cuz there warm liquid) and my two little boys dont care for it much either. BUT i guess if we had no food then I could make it and they would have to eat it, right?

cammac said...

I totally made it and it was totally YUMMY! Thanks! (P.S. No onions in our household either :) )
Love, Cam

sandalloons40 said...

oh yum! Copied that baby down! or was that ok? LOL
And can you email me please chick?
I have something to show you.
Your kiddos will be just too happy, but, dont' show them them the photo ok? has to do with my little pony.

Britney Jean said...

yummmm! I think i might make this tomorrow...

:)

Natalie said...

ughhhh a) you are too cute. b) i love you. c) your brudda, eh? d) I AM SO MAKING THIS..jfdksjlsjd.