9.21.2010

reflections



i flossed.
i brushed.
i flossed again. {i'm weird like that.}
i bobby-pinned my bangs.
i washed my face in lukewarm tap water.
i exfoliated. {*not that it does a bit of good.}

i took a hard look in the mirror.
at me. [with no makeup.]

i saw a girl who has recently started recognizing herself for the first time.
i saw a girl who is still a little uncomfortable with that vulnerability.
i saw a girl who is desperately trying to remember that what other people think of her is none of her business.
i saw a girl who is learning from her setbacks.
i saw a girl who truly believes in her heart "all things shall work together for {her} good."
i saw a girl who knows both fear & faith, heartache & joy, insecurity & confidence.
i saw a girl who's hopeful.

i saw me.

7 comments:

Amy said...

So brave. Love it!

J*a~{s}n°a said...

and I see a girl who is loving, selfless, creative and beautiful inside and out!

Jenny Johnson said...

You are so good with these little insight building posts. I want to be like you when I grow up someday!! You are a lot further than me on my journey, but you give me hope that I can get there too!! Way to go!

Cheeri said...

This post rocks.

granny said...

Thanks. Awesome.

Bev said...

You are wise.....way beyond your years...and I have a surprise for you....I'll drop by one of these days!!! Keep on lookin' in that mirror cuz you inspire all of us!!

Coree Adams said...

LOVE EVERY SINGLE BIT OF YOU ANG!!!