12.12.2011

the white stocking



a few years ago, my mom gave me a special white stocking
with the following christmas message inside.

i copied her & sewed some up for my church girlies,
because i love it's reminder that christ is the reason for the season. ♥


for i was hungred, and ye gave me meat;
i was thirsty and ye gave me drink:
i was a stranger & ye took me in:
naked & ye clothed me:
i was sick and ye visited me:
i was in prison & ye came to me.

then shall the righteous answer him,
saying, lord, when saw we thee
an hungred, and fed thee?
or thirsty & gave thee drink?

or when saw we thee sick,
or in prison, and came unto thee?

and the king shall answer and say unto them,
verily i say unto you,
inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren,
ye have done it unto me.

{matthew 25:35-40}

just think...what gifts can i give the savior this year?

i was alone, and you sat by me.
i was discouraged, and you cheered me up.
i was feeling lost, and you showed me the way.
i was sad, and you cried with me.
i was overwhelmed, and you helped me.
i was grieving and you stayed with me.
i didn't understand, and you tutored me.
i was different and you didn't judge me.

have the merriest christmas & remember:
the true joy of christmas is the blessing we receive when we serve his children.

8 comments:

becky+cade said...

love that mom of yours & her amazingness.

granny said...

How sweet. I love your stockings hanging there.

JimandDebby said...

I'm a humanitarian missionary in Bosnia/Croatia. I keep up a blog about our adventures. I came upon your blog today and wondered if I could use your "white stocking" in a blog post? I loved it! There are so many opportunities to serve and your "white stocking" is a terrific idea! I didn't want to do it without your permmision. I hope you have a wonderful holiday season! My e-mail is ericksonjd51@msn.com Blog is: jimanddebby.blogspot.com

Lori said...

Oh what a sweet idea. Thank you for sharing.

Mark Dixon said...

Thank you for sharing. You made my day!

Anonymous said...

We always hang our "white stocking" too!

Sassy said...

If your sweet Mom and you do Not mind I would love to steal this idea........I LOVE IT!!!!! Sooo soooo beautiful!!!!!!!!! Thank you for ALWAYS inspiring me my cute friend!!!!!! ♥ you MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Brittany T. said...

love this and the true meaning of Christmas! beautiful my friend! and your mom is so sweet! :)